Plymouth County Retirement Association – Private Equity
The Board Members of the Plymouth County Retirement Association (hereinafter “Board”) are seeking proposals from managers of direct private equity strategies. More specifically, the Retirement Board seeks a demonstrated ability to manage a buyout strategy that invests in the equity of North American small and middle market companies.
The Board intends to commit approximately $10-13 million each to one to three North American small and middle market buyout private market equity managers. Only proposals from experienced managers of North American direct small and middle market buyout private equity strategies will be considered. First time fund, fund of funds, and public equity strategies will not be considered. The objective of this Request for Proposal shall be to identify manager(s) whose expertise will best meet the Board’s goals and needs. The Board reserves the right to reject any and all proposals at its discretion.
The selected manager(s) must have familiarity with, and agree to comply with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 32 and Chapter 176, the regulations of the Massachusetts Division of Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission, 840 CMR, and the PERAC Placement Agent Policy. Please see http://www.mass.gov/perac/ for details. All materials submitted in connection with this search may be subject to disclosure consistent with Massachusetts Public Record laws.
All bidders are hereby advised that any proposal selected shall be subject to (1) approval of the Board, (2) a written contract and (3) approval of the engagement by the Massachusetts Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC).
Due date deadline: June 4, 2021 at 12:00pm EST
China and Emerging Markets Asia Request for Information
Meketa Investment Group is seeking information on China, China A shares and Emerging Markets Asia long-only equity strategies. Any area of market cap focus is within scope (i.e., large cap, small cap, all cap).
The objective of this request for information is for Meketa to broaden its database of managers within these opportunity sets. This request does not pertain to a specific search.
We ask that the following information be provided in your response – please note that a full Meketa RFP is not being requested at this stage.
- Clear specification of the strategy’s opportunity set of focus (i.e., “China A shares All Cap Growth,” “Emerging Markets Asia Small Cap Value,” etc.)
- Clear specification of the nature of the investment approach (i.e., fundamental, quantitative, quantamental, top-down, bottom-up, blend of X/Y/Z)
- Strategy Fact Sheet (if available)
- Strategy Presentation Pitch Book (if available)
- Quarterly Commentary (if available, Q4 2020 preferable)
- Attribution Report (if available)
- Sample RFI (if available)
- Strategy and primary benchmark monthly performance (in excel format sorted vertically from newest date to oldest, gross of fees)
- A primary point of contact for our research team
Please note that any additional materials that can be provided will also be considered within reason. Our intention is to avoid this request for information being cumbersome, as it is an exploratory RFI rather than one pertaining to a specific search.
Please send all information to email@example.com.